I saw the Top 10 sign below at our groomers a while back and found it funny. I’m not sure where it originated, but came across it again online and thought I’d share.
I never question the price of grooming for my dogs as I know what goes into the process. I also know how some grooming establishments can cut corners by overbooking, using inexperienced staff that don’t know how to properly handle dogs, using loud drying cages, etc.
Izzie used to get groomed at a well-known chain pet store grooming shop. She would be there for four to five hours, and come home terrified. Sure, the price was good, but it wasn’t worth it to me to put her through this ordeal each time she needed grooming.
For the past two to three years I’ve taken my dogs to a groomer that gives them one on one attention, hand blow dries them, and basically makes it a non-scary experience for the dogs. The price reflects the one-on-one attention, but guess what? The dogs aren’t left feeling terrified by the experience. I love the groomers we use and they are worth every single penny!
10 Reasons Why Your Dog Groomer Charges More than Your Hairdresser
1. Your hairdresser only trims the hair on your head.
2. Your hairdresser doesn’t have to trim your nether regions.
3. You sit still for your hairdresser.
4. You wash your hair more than every 6 to 8 weeks.
5. You don’t usually have knots, tangles and bits of garden in your hair.
6. You never try to bite or scratch your hairdresser.
7. Your hairdresser doesn’t include a manicure and pedicure.
8. Your hairdresser doesn’t clean out your ears.
9. Your hairdresser doesn’t have to clean boogers from your eyes.
10. You never, ever, poop in the salon.